The October edition of EMS magazine is now available to read online in page turning digital format or PDF format. This edition contains articles on achieving best practice in condition monitoring and plant maintenance as well as the latest products, news and case studies.
Vibration monitoring is the most widely used preventive maintenance technique in industry. Regular vibration measurements give early warning of developing machine problems and help prevent premature replacement of machine parts.
MPI have specialised in the implementation of TPM for over 14 years and provide a range of top quality training and support services to meet your specific requirements. Attend our ‘An Introduction to TPM’ training workshop on 15th September 2009 and find out how we can help to make sure that your TPM programme is practical, achievable and successful.
James Fisher Mimic (JFM), providers of reliability engineering and condition monitoring solutions to the International Shipping Industry, has fully integrated the Artesis MCM solution to analyse motor current performance within their Mimic predictive maintenance product. This detailed information, in conjunction with other maintenance data, then provides an in depth analysis and overall picture of machine health and performance.
Maintenance Has Changed
The world of equipment maintenance changed dramatically during the second half of the 20th century and it continues to do so today.
Several major influences have been responsible for driving these changes:
- An enormous increase in the number of physical assets (such as buildings, factories, public and personal transport) that require maintenance
- Equipment has become extremely complex - for example, it is now rare to find anything that does not contain a computer or some electronics
- Industries (such as manufacturing and mass transport) now put a much greater emphasis on safety and on operating without damaging the environment
- We now have a much better understanding of how equipment behaves, from installation to the point at which it fails.
Mutual Consultants are one of the UK’s leading specialists in the application of Reliability-Centred Maintenance (RCM). We assist clients to apply RCM through world-class training, consulting, facilitation and the supply of dedicated RCM software.
Following successful testing and evaluation trials at Heathrow’s Terminal 1, the MCM devices have been installed on the most critical escalators and passenger conveyors in the first phase of the project, providing predictive maintenance and crucially preventing downtime of the equipment.
The concept of Predictive Maintenance has now become accepted practice, world wide.
Locating, defining and acting on potential problems before they become catastrophic is the main objective of a predictive maintenance programme. Techniques include thermography, vibration analysis and motor monitoring. Routine monitoring is not only the most effective method of determining an early diagnosis, but has many other positive aspects.
More than 40 years of experience and close cooperation with our users worldwide enable SPM to present a revolutionary innovation for pro-active maintenance.
Leonova™ Infinity marks a decisive advance in machine condition monitoring
- unique machine diagnostic functions
- precision line laser alignment and balancing
- select what you need approach
- optimal ergonomic design
- revolutionary economic terms
SPM has the organisation and the know-how to increase the availability and profitability of your production equipment. Knowing that your situation is special, we gave Leonova Infinity a comprehensive range of functions and developed a new system of financing condition monitoring.
- Hygroscopic Breathers Achieve maximum machine performance, Use a unique filtration process to treat the cause not the symptom . . .
- New Tritex Multigauges
- Artesis Delivers Wireless Communications with New Predictive Maintenance Solution
- Basics of Lean and Reliability Based Spare Parts and Materials Management.